09 September 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen...

Yesterday, I had one of those "homeschooling moments".
Let me preface this by saying that we've been homeschooling for almost 7 years now...some years more successfully than others. Throughout those 7 years, I've experienced times of joy and times of sadness; times of optimism and times of skepticism; periods of enthusiasm and those of despair. I've had moments where I've vowed to run, not walk, to the local public school and instantly enroll one or more of my dc because I "just can't do this anymore" or "nothing is sinking in...they will NEVER learn ANYTHING from me".

Of course, I know in those moments I've been overly dramatic. I know this because each of my dc is tested yearly (state requirement), so I know they are at or above grade level in every area. But still, I have very high hopes and expectations for each of them, so I find myself sinking in the sea of doubt and plunging into a pit of pity every now and again.

But yesterday...ah, if every moment of every day could be just like yesterday, I would evermore soar in satiety and glow with gratification! Since I'm sure by now you are sitting on the edge of your seat, dying to know exactly what transpired, it is only fitting that I reveal it to you in the grandest of fashions.

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, without further ado, may I present to you...
the most perfectly worded sentence EVER written by a 13-year-old boy (imho, of course!)...


It states:
Exhausted and drenched with sweat, he threw his clothes in the washer, limping and stumbling on the way.
And it is a thing of beauty!
(OK, little things *really* make me happy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment